Monday, March 26, 2012

Buttons oh how I love thee!

Happy Spring! 

Those of you that know me in person, know that I absolutely LOVE buttons! 
I love them so much that in the past I have happily taken buttons as a partial payment for local orders, hehe!

I am always on the hunt for new ways that I can use them, the possibilities are endless! 

My favorite button art that I have been doing a lot of lately, 
has been button mosaic art photo frames & mirrors. 
They really are so relaxing to create and a lot of thought goes in to 
the actual placement of each piece.

This is a great craft to do with an absolutely beautiful outcome 
everytime - that is if you have enough buttons! 

Here are a few I have done lately..... 

I especially love the super colorful ones, it reminds me that spring is here, even though I cant see it outside!!

I love that in the white/creme one above, there are quite a few hand blackened brass creatures and little things hiding about within the frame. 
I have also done a few mixed media frames that are quite different but I'll leave this post about buttons!

~**....Now for my question to you all....**~

I am looking for a good place to get buttons! I'm reaching out to my fellow crafters to see if any of you know where to get buttons at a decent price. 

Don't say my local thrift store.... they are the most expensive for buttons 
I have EVER come across!
They are charging between $1.50 to $7.00 for 3-6 buttons!!
My local fabric store is a lot cheaper. 
Possibly one of  you may know of a place online where you have ordered from before? I like to have feedback before I purchase online.

I hope you enjoy my creations!